Journals and Listservs
- The Linguist List (particularly their journal database)
- The SLAT JOBCOM list (contact GIDP-SLAT@email.arizona.edu to be added to the list)
- AAAL (American Association for Applied Linguistics)
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
- CALICO (The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium)
- LSA (Linguistic Society of America)
- MLA (Modern Languages Association)
- TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Community of Science
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- University of Arizona Graduate College Financial Resources
- National Security Education Program (NSEP) David L. Boren Graduate Fellowship Awards are made for international and domestic study up to $30,000. Applications are due late January.
- National Academies Ford Diversity Predoctoral Fellowship Award of $20,000. Applications are due November 15. Announcement of Awards: April.
- AERA Minority Fellowship Program Award up to $12,000 and up to $1,000 in travel support. Applications are due in early November.
- American Institute for Maghrib Studies Award from $6,000 to $15,000. Applications are due in January.
- Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award up to $23,000 maximum. Applications are due in early November.
- The International Research Foundation for English Language Education Award up to $5,000 maximum. Applications are due in mid-May.
- The Josephine de Kármán Fellowship Trust Award provides $20,000 of support. Applications are due in late January.
- Language Learning Dissertation Grant Program Award provides up to $2,000 of support.
- Mellon/American Council of Learned Societies Dissertation Completion Fellowship Award of $25,000 stipend plus an additional stipend for research and university fees. Applications are due in mid November of each year for fellowships beginning the following summer.
- Modern Language Journal Dissertation Support Grants Award provides up to $2,500 of support.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant Award up to $12,000. Applications are due to NSF on January 15th and July 15th, however, it is necessary to allow additional time for review by the Office of Sponsored Research.
- The Phi Beta Kappa Mary Isabel Sibley Fellowship Award includes a stipend of up to $20,000. Applications are due in mid-January.
- Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Program Fellowships of $25,000. Applications are due in early November.
- Social Science Research Council (SSRC) International Dissertation Research Fellowship Maximum award of $20,000. Applications are due in early November; announcements are made in April of the following year.
- Small Grants for Doctoral Research in Second or Foreign Language Assessment Award of $2,000. Applications are due October 15 and February 15. Awards are announced on December 15 or April 20.
- Wenner-Gren Foundation Dissertation Fieldwork Fellowship Award of $25,000. Applications are due May 1 and November 1. Awards are announced six months later.
- AERA-ETS Fellowship Program in Measurement and Education Research Award up to $55,000 + relocation expenses + benefits. Applications are due in early November.
- AERA-AIR Fellows Program Award up to $65,000. Applications are due in early November.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) American Postdoctoral Fellowship Award of $30,000 for women who will have earned a doctoral degree by Nov. 15 of the year in which they apply. Applications are due in mid-November of each year for fellowships beginning the following July.
- Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowship Award provides a $40,000 stipend. Applications are due in late November.
- Jacqueline Ross TOEFL® Dissertation Award Award of $2,500. Applications are due mid-September.
- Mellon/American Council of Learned Societies Recent Doctoral Recipients Fellowship Award provides support for one year following the completion of the doctorate for scholars to advance their research. This fellowship is limited to scholars awarded the Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowships in the prior year. Award provides $30,000 of support. Applications are due in early December for fellowships beginning the following June-September.
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship of Scholars in the Humanities (Stanford University) Postdoctoral award provides a two-year position at Stanford for recent Ph.D. recipients in the Humanities. Awards of up to $70,000 + housing and moving allowance of up to $30,000. Applications are due in early December for positions beginning the following academic year.