The SLAT Student Handbook contains detailed descriptions of all degree requirements for the Ph.D. in Second Language Acquisition and Teaching including required coursework, examination policies, dissertation requirements, and many other important items. It is each student’s responsibility to be aware of and comply with all the policies found in the Ph.D. student handbook. Students should consult the Ph.D. handbook frequently, particularly prior to important milestones, to ensure that they are complying with all department and university policies.
Please note that the SLAT Executive Council makes periodic changes to the handbook. Students follow the Handbook that was in effect when they entered the SLAT program. Whenever possible, as policies change, students will have the option to adopt new policies or follow the policy as written during their term of entry into SLAT.
- The 2023-2024 SLAT Student Handbook will be posted here in September 2023
- 2022-2023 SLAT Student Handbook
- 2021-2022 SLAT Student Handbook
- 2020-2021 SLAT Student Handbook
- 2019-2020 SLAT Student Handbook
- 2018-2019 SLAT Student Handbook
- 2014-2018 SLAT Student Handbook
SLAT Graduate Certificate program information can be found at these respective links: